UNITED STATES, GEORGIA, ATLANTA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 27-MAY-2021 REF #: 7021 LINKEDIN TAG: #LI-CB2
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The DevSecOps Advisory Developer/Architect is responsible for Technical Design, Architecture, Development, Enhancements and Product Ownership for DevSecOps capabilities being built for Delta’s cloud journey. The Advisory Developer plays the Architect role on the product teams as needed, providing the technical architecture and setting the technical vision for DevSecOps.
The role is required to utilize DevSecOps practices to build the best experience possible for Delta developers as Delta’s cloud journey ramps up. Advisory Developer is responsible to identify/define DevSecOps frameworks and standardize developer pipelines across Delta IT. Advisory Developer will be responsible for mentoring Developers on the team. This position will be in Atlanta GA or Minneapolis, MN.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Ensure that the Delta methodology, standards and procedures are adopted and implemented.
- Ensure that the technical solutions meet the customers’ business goals and that customer satisfaction with the project and conclusion is high.
- Act as a Point of contact for technical issues and driving product backlogs.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
- Consult within project team and other Delta teams, with outside vendors or consultants to ensure project or product integrity.
- Hands on experience in Java and/or NodeJS, APIs and Microservices development in a high-volume environment.
- Experience developing POCs and should be passionate to innovate new solution.
- Experience in CICD, TDD and DevOps experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Jenkins, Tekton, and/or AWS CodePipeline.
- Knowledge of automated test frameworks
- Knowledge of secure coding standards.
- Experience with source control, build tools and GIT (github, Bitbucket or other.).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with AWS and OpenShift/Kubernetes
- Experience in working with 12-factor methodology and understanding its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to other team members
- Experienced with Cloud Native and Hybrid architectures
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with “on-premise to cloud” migrations or IT transformations
- Should be well versed with the AWS well architected framework or TOGAF and able to apply those principles while designing a solution
- Experience in optimizing the cost for service being utilized in cloud
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of the Cloud (AWS, Azure and/or GCP) tooling landscape, and the various trade-offs involved with deciding what tools/services to use.
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing the development of scripts to automate everyday operations in cloud.
- Ability to mentor, guide and direct senior engineers on the direction of DevSecOps and developer experience
- Influential leader on DevSecOps best practices and procedures spanning all parts of Delta IT
- Provide DevSecOps and developer experience direction and vision to the team, organization and leadership
- 10 years of software and development experience with a minimum of 7+ years hands-on experience working with DevSecOps technologies.
- Candidate must be solutions oriented, using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probing all sources for answers.
- Candidate must be able to effectively navigate complex problems, listen to different perspectives, and come to a decision.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Additionally, candidate must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up new technologies and provide tangible results.
- Where permitted by applicable law,must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced technology environment, interacting with product owners, business analysts, software engineers/developers and testers.
- A system engineering or developer background with the ability to learn quickly and share your knowledge with the broader team.
- Infrastructure as Code Configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.), CI/CD tools (Jenkins etc.),
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Splunk, New Relic, and the likes etc.)
- Able to design data, system, and component architectures; and design and share in simple language with executive leadership
- Experienced with Terraform